Sunday 28 February 2016

Compilation review and news!

Hi folks!

Sorry I haven't updated the blog for awhile now, been too busy. But I do have some news for you, so let's start with thonse.

PRKL Trax A new independent record label

Yes, there is new Finnish record label kicking off the ground. The focus will be hard dance music, not specific genre. This will be run by Stone Cold and rest of the gang also know their stuff. I won't write reviews of their releases since I've been asked to be their social media manager. The first ep is now out and is free. You can download it here . If you want to send demos, follow these easy steps:

1. send e-mail to prkltrax@gmail.com Subject: Demo
2. Include link or demo to it. Name it as Artist - Song Name (genre)
3. Include at least some info of you
4. Keep your fingers crossed


Must See Rob Gee


Our Friends Finnish Gabber Promotions are doing it again! Bringing legendary Rob Gee to Helsinki.


Place: Pub Pete/Side Club Hietaniemenkatu 7, Töölö/Helsinki
Time 22-04
Age limit 18
Tickets 15€ from the door only
Running Order:

22.00 Sasha F Rawstyle/Mainstream Hardcore 
23.30 Rujonic HardCore
00.30 Dj Voldo Early Hardcore
01.30 Rob Gee GeeCore
02.30 Wappie Terror 
03.30 THE END


Infektio is back


Long-running industrial club Infektio will be celebrating 5 years in april with Grendel!


This time event will be held at Gloria, which is legendary party venue.

Live:
GRENDEL
Syncfactory

Dj's
DJ emanon
DJ VoyVod
DJ NoiZu
DJ HexexeN
Sadenia
+ TBA

Ticket price will be about 20€, but more info of the tickets isn't available at the moment

Swedish Electro vol. 3




Swedes did it again! I'm starting to suspect they have something in their water, since it is such a hotbed for talent as this compilations shows. This compilation has "only" 63 tracks. You did read right! I am writing this while listening to this compilation and loving it. Some songs sound like old Depeche Mode (at least to me they have some similarity), but not in a bad way at all. As well as some sound bit older electro, but still work well. If someone asked me to guess the country these artists are from, I would have no idea, expect the ones sang in swedish. Some really sound that they'd be German bands.

The compilation is nicely varied case of older and new stuff, at least this is how it sounds. None of the artists rang a bell, but that makes it even more interesting to me :) Some of the tunes in this one are more poppy, some are bit darker and that works well. And for 5€ it is a bargain! That is the minimum price at Bandcamp for the compilation.

To me this comp keeps ones attention and doesn't let it down, since it is enough varied case. It is not only that 80's sounds, but also modern and darker sounds. That is one thing that makes this exciting. You never know what the next song will be like. I'd say this is educational compilation and really good showcase of Swedish talent! Some of my favourite ones come from there, for example Covenant and Ashbury Heights.

 I am not too familiar with the genres in this kind of music, since I'm newcomer. I only know if I like it or not, and this album I do like. 

Check out the Facebook site

Get a copy from here



No comments:

Post a Comment