Wednesday 20 January 2016

First ever interview!! With Djane J7

Hi all!

I am really proud to publish my first ever interview with no-one less than Finland's own Djane J7, who is one of the leading players in the hardstyle scene. She is known for her spot-on selection and energetic stage persona (and for the glitter headphones). So here we go!

The interview was originally done in finnish and translated to english :)


First of all big congrats for making it to Outbreak podcast with Pyschological attack, which is kicking tune. How did this happen and how did the track got started?

Thank you very much. Some time ago Outbreak announced of Facebook that he was looking for tracks by new artists for some special radioshow, that he was requested to do a mix for. I thought I'd give it a go and for my surprise I noticed last week that the track had made it in the mix! It was fantastic and it was good thing by Outbreak to create a mix of only lesser-known artists tracks.
The track itself might'e started from just ideas running through my head + the kick, which I wanted to make really low, bit coreish and ruff, that would be good to build an atmosphere on that I had in mind. The first thought was already to make it right away gloomy but melodic track where the kick follows the melody. From that the track slowly but surely started building.

One of my favourite ones is your bootleg of Conjure One's Tears From The Moon, which is just so beautiful. What inspired you to do a bootleg of that tune?

Thank you, nice to hear you like it! I liked a lot of the original vocals and the Tiesto Remix of the song, which I listened to a lot some time ago. For some reason that song came back to my mind and I thought it would work for sure as hardstyle version, so I started to work on the idea.

And the obligatory question, why hardstyle? What got you into it?

When I still was learning how to dj, I listened and played already then early hardstyle. My friends hated the genre at hand and I myself got even more excited of happy hardcore, hardcore and freeform than of hardstyle, so that was left in the shadow of those genres. Actually I even hated for a moment hardstyle. Only in 2010 I listened to the genre with ”fresh ears” and fell in love with it completely over the time.

These days you play other genres than hardstyle too and I think it is just great to see people move away from their comfort zone, if one can put it that way. Will we be hearing more hardcore sets from you in the future?

All throughout my dj-career I've been interested in combining genres, because I like a lot of different genres and to me it would be boring to stick to just one genre... Quickly spring to my mind that I've played on my gigs at least these kind of combinations: dark psytrance + hard nrg, freeform + dnb, electro house + hardstyle, dubstep + hardstyle + dnb, hardstyle + hardcore of course and so on. My intent is to in the future focus also on hardcore, and even at the moment I'm working on core productions.

What was the highlight for you in 2015?

At least one of the highlights was new and interesting thing was when I got in Toxic Sickness hardcore web radio as a resident dj. From there you get monthly a new hardcore mix by me, which is good thing also for international publicity.

What do you have in store for us next and where can we catch you?

Over the year I hope to finish new tunes and letäs see what other surprises we come up with! Next gig is 6th of February at Circus. It is the Clublife Birthday party with Brennan Heart. Other upcoming gigs are for example 27th of February Fury Presents Wasted Penguinz at Nosturi and 18th of march at Waterland Festival in Serena.


Thank you very much for the interview and support.



Don't just take my word for it, hear it yourself:


Mixes and tunes by Djane J7 can be found at Soundcloud



No comments:

Post a Comment