Sunday 17 January 2016

Clublife & Mindcore presents Radical Redemption & Angerfist party report & Clublife easter thursday revealed! (hardcore/hardstyle/hard trance)

Since Juha at Kehto won't cover this party, we decided that I'll be the one to tell you guys of the hardcore parties in Finland and abroad (when I make it). This time around it was Clublife and since I ain't a bit sleepy, I'll write it now, since I got big news too!

What can I say? This was truly historic event in finnish hardcore scene and it was totally rocking. The minute they opened the doors, there was already a line outside Circus. This doesn't happen too often so I really was shocked almost of this! Last time it happened in Hardstyle Festival and that was in 2014. Eventhough the line was quite long, we got all in quickly, which is a big plus, when it's freezing outside, but not inside. Far from it.

It is really good to see promoters working together and pushing the genre forward in our small country. It isn't first time Mindcore and Clublife have joined forces for maximum impact and they never fail to deliver! I've been at Mindocre parties too and they been top notch everytime and I hope to see more of Mindcore parties in the future! Both Clublife and Mindcore never fail to create epic party! If you see either organizer's party, be prepared for epic night out.

First up djs Neon and Triton. These 2 always deliver with maximum impact. Loved every minute of their set, which was just perfect way to kick the evening off. So beautiful melodies and you really could see them having good time behind the decks. They even played classic by RMB and that brought memories back from the mid nineties, when I saw them live. Was it really that long ago? Sigh, still that track (Spring) gives me goosebumps as do most of RMB singles. They just have so many memories in them. Sorry, got sidetracked a bit there. So back to business. Really melodic and energetic set, well done lads!

Next up was Zerateph who was wearing a mask and black hoodie. Now we moved to harder sounds which was logical progression and worked really well. The sound volume could've been bit higher, but good set! Sometimes a bit raw for maximum impact on me, but no complains anyhow from me, And the mask was cool! Might've been Kylo Ren mask, someone correct me if I'm wrong and seeing Star Wars everywhere. The energy lever did rise during his set and evening progressed really nicely. Running order was well-planned, eventhough Waily and Radical switched places. This is where the dancefloor started to get more audience and they showed their respect to Zerateph.

And so we come to Waily next. He really knows his art and did some scratching, which really takes skills to get it right. And he did it. Nice change of pace in the middle of set, when he started blasting hardcore and I got nothing but good things to say of his set. Waily always has energetic stage persona which is fun to watch and selection which sounds really good to my ears. At this point had to get something to drink and to sit a bit. Waily kicked the big gear on with his set. Dancefloor really rocked well and got quite crowded. We did hear his bootleg of Jukka Poika's reggae hit Silkkii, which created a wtf looks on my friends faces. Good bootleg, if you ask me! And heard Scooters Move Your Ass hardcore version, which slayed the floor. This is how you should remix or create a bootleg: respect the original but deliver something new to the track. And that version knew how to do just that. Golden oldie for new crowd.

Don't fuck with the Radical! I didn't really know what to expect from him, but boy did he nail it! One of the best sets definetly of the evening might even be no less than best one. Really balanced set of hardstyle/rawstyle and bit hardcore thrown in the end. Really well balanced and built set, no wonder he has such a loyal following. I always liked his productions and now I know why he is called One Man Army. That he truly is. He came and slayed my feet completely, blimey what a set honestly! I know I'm repeating myself here, but he put up an energetic show and has incredible stage charisma. He really gave 110% of him during his set and I'd call him Radical The Feet Slayer after that set. He really tore the roof off the Circus. As I'm writing this, my feet still ache from raving.

Raise your fist...for Angerfist! Radical slayed my feet and thanks to raising my fist, now my arm hurts too. So by this point, you can tell the party was excellent. Let me start with that I do have big respect for Angerfist. He has created his image really well with mask and a hoodie. That alone sets him apart from rest and is recognized by just seeing a record cover or any merchandise. His set logically contained a lot of his own productions and tracks from his latest album Raise & Revolt. Were there too many of his own productions is matter of opinion but for my liking yes. Voice Of Mayhem always delivers as well does Dance With The Wolves and Dortmund 05. The set was lot harder than I expected and was build around his own productions. The set worked well and blew the last remaining bits of the roof skyhigh and there was lots of fist in the air. But for me, it was bit of a disappointment, but hey, you can't nail it everytime. Might've been since I didn't get into the latest album that much, since it had some tracks that sounded fresh, but most were same old same old. In good as well as in bad way. Depends on your view. After this, feet slayed and fist raised, I had to leave since friend of mine sprained his ankle.

This was truly historic night in finnish hardcore history! Extra lightning and smoke machines really worked well and I hope to see them in the future too. Incredible party, now time to hit the hay and chill down a bit first with Parralox's electropop.

Oh yeah, the easter thursday main artists were released and this is another one history in the making!!


Yup, you DID read right! Frontliner is back! He reaally rocked at Helzinki Hardstyle Festival in 2014 and I'm really thrilled to see him again! Neophyte need no introduction, now does he? Legend, one of the grand masters of hardcore, This will be another epic party thanks to Clublife!

Place Circus Salomonkatu 1-3 Near Kamppi Shopping centre
time 22-04
• Ticket sales starts on Sunday 17.01.16
• All ticket prices includes 2,5e service fees

★ Early Bird ticket 22,5e - limited amount !
★ Regular ticket 27,5e
★ VIP ticket 32,5e - limited amount !

Tickets can be bought from Ticket Master / Lippupalvelu http://www.lippupalvelu.fi/?language=en-us

2 comments:

  1. Name: Zerathep ;)
    And yeah, the mask is actually not Kylo Ren's. It's a Sith Acolyte mask from Star Wars The Old Republic.

    Great article btw! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for correcting me! I'm huuuge Star Wars fan, but didin't recognize the mask more, eventhough I should've

    And thank you! Happy to hear you liked the article :)

    ReplyDelete