Friday 29 April 2016

De/Vision gig report

Hi all!

I just got back from Berlin, where I attended to De/Vision's preview show. And it was worth the trip! Just perfect night of good music and nice people. And it was really nice to meet people, whom I've chatted online, but never met in person before.

The gig took place at Lido, old movie theatre turned into concert venue. This is what I love of Berlin: The mixture of old and new. Lido has it's own atmosphere as a venue that I liked. It shows it's history, but manages to be good concert venue for smaller, intimate gigs.


First up Empathy Test. Totally unknown to me this British band, but still good warm-up act. Nice melodies and they managed to create nice vibe. Only thing that I didn't like that much was singer's voice that lacked power. But still interesting new band. Some of you will like it, so check them out if you like it melodic and bit slower. The band will be touring with Mesh later this year on their tour.


Next up: De/Vision. They really rocked and had support from this kid, I think he was singer's godchild or daughter, not sure, since I don't speak german. He was up there for few songs and you really could feel the love between those two.



The band played nice mixture of new material from upcoming album 13 and old ones. New songs sounded good. Top quality you have gotten used to expect from the lads. Old ones got crowd going well and singing along. As for the crowd, they were really dedicated fans and you really could feel it. It showed how music can unite people of different ages and backrounds, especially since most of the crowd was older than I expected, but who cares when the atmosphere is magical. They did have some technial problem during set, but I assume they only joked of it (in german of course).

Steffen has really nice, clear and strong voice that I like. He really shines live and also on albums. And he knows how to work the crowd. Rage was one of the songs that really rocked the crowd, but hey, almost all the songs had that effect. What can I say? The gig felt like family gathering of sort. More gigs like these please!

News!

Some of you might've heard of my new project called club Interface. If not, here's the deal: We are planning to organize 4 events per year dedicated to darker electronic music. First one will be held at the end of the year and I'm not going to let out details as yet, but I'll assure you, it will be good one :) We got 2 live bands and 2 djs booked for your aural pleasure. And we are on Facebook too, so follow us there and join in our group created for like-minded people.

What I can reveal now is that plans are being made for the club nights and some extras too. Watch the Facebook page to keep up-to-date of this project!

Interface official facebook page

Group page

No comments:

Post a Comment