Thursday 26 May 2016

Me The Tiger album review

Hi all!

This time I have the honour of reviewing latest album by Me The Tiger (album sane name). This is another totally new artist to me so I had no expectations of the band and no idea what was coming. That's the way I like it :)

As I write this I am listening to the album naturally. What we have here is synth pop album that is well-crafted and balanced. The female singer's voice really reminded me of Emiliana Torrini from time to time. Her voice is strong but has that vulnerability, I just don't know how to explain this, but I do mean it in good way though.

As for the sounds, they do sound fresh, but have that retro feel also neatly together. No complaining there. Melodies are nice, beautiful and quite simple. With this kind of music, that works usually the best. Album is quite varied with some uptempo, danceable songs in the middle like Ambulance Dico Light and then it goes back to more listening territory with medium tempo or slow tempo. Ambulance was followed by slow The End. The feel really changed drastically between these like the end of the night at your local disco, The End is beautiful, somehow sad song. And that is followed another danceable one, with retro synth sounds. I'm not sure if this was the best possible track order, since The End felt like end of the album. In a way this feels bit bumpy.

To sum the album, I'd say it is a good album, not the best I've heard, but definetly good and recommended. It does feel bit bumpy with tracklisting, since all faster songs are followed by slow one. I would change the track listing a bit but, that is matter of taste. Still I found no track on the album I didn't like. If you like synthpop fresh with some retro vibe on some songs thrown in, check them out!

Official web page

No comments:

Post a Comment