Wednesday 27 September 2017

Musical education with In Strict Confidence

Hiya!

time to FINALLY write something here. Been just too busy with Interface podcasts and other projects. But now I'll take a breather from them and tell you of my latest musical venture.

Gloria is one legendary venue that is like made for this kind of music. Main arena is dark, round and has bit of underground vibe in it that suits electronic music so well. Been there many times at various events and I like the place.Sound there is also very good quality these days. But let's move on to musicologu

First up Kuroshio. This was  a rare treat. It's been long time since I saw this band live and they never fail to rock on stage. I sadly missed the first song, since I got there bit later than planned. Set was just pure gold as always and could've been longer one. A good start for a perfect evening.

Next was Forgotten Sunrise from Estonia. This was band I've never previously had heard so I was excited to be introduced to them. This was hard to categorize. I have no idea what genre it should fall under, maybe avantgarde/experimental would be closest one. It was mixture of guitar, electronics and freaky vocals and hard basslines. This might sound like trip hop description, but it was far from that. To me this was bit tough cookie, but somehow it worked very well live. Would I listen to it at home? Hmmm, maybe. Good to see this kind of bands on stage in Finland! Bold booking Dark Helsniki!

And the main dish was up next. In Strict Confindence was band I had heard of but somehow managed to avoid hearing, so this was something I looked forward to a lot. Especially since it was vintage show, it sounded interesting. Was it good? Hell yeah! Did I become a fan? Most likely. Will I buy the cds? For sure! Shut up and take my money :D The band really rocked live. They have that energy on stage that radiates and puts you under the spell and you can't help but to dance. Singer had same roughness in his voice as Funker Vogt's singer has too and it suited the music. ISC's singer's voice is softer, not as roary as Funkers so it is bit easier to listen to. Good melodies, good singer and good stomping bass makes you dance for sure and this band had all those elements. It really felt like the band played for 15 mins when the set was over and made me hungry for more. Time does fly when you have fun and are educated musicwise on gigs. Big thank you Dark Helsinki for this wonderful evening of musical education!

No comments:

Post a Comment