Wednesday 21 September 2016

Another Manic Episode

Hi folks!

Now that I somehow managed to recover from the weekend, it is just right time to tell you of it. And it was another manic episode in a good way.

On saturday, I went to see Solar Fake gig at On The Rocks. Arrived really early, but there were already some people at the club. First live act of the night was Ten After Dawn, a local band. This was first time I've seen them live and didn't know what to expect and that's good thing if you ask me. I got only good things to say of this! It was really good way to kick the night off. Band sounded good live. Good melodies, enough boom to make you dance and Teemu's vocals were clear. What more can you hope from a band? Of course the one maniac! And again it was the keyboard player. What is it with these guys? If I do get a chance to see Ten After Dawn live again, will certainly grab it. I recommend this band to all who like their melodies sweet with enough kick to make you dance.

Next up Solar Fake. I had high expectations for this gig and they were fulfilled. And maybe bit even more. Time really flew by with both of these live sets and way too soon they were over. And yes, here we have another keyboard maniac. I kept thinking to myself how sore his neck is after that show and how on earth he manage not to tip keyboard over. I guess that is something you call professionalism.

Here we have a blend of charismatic band members together with really sweet melodies that create magic. Sven has a good voice and charisma and Andre is a ball of energy. On stage they perfectly complete eachother and create magic. All it takes is those two guys to put on a show. Will definetly goto another gig. As said, melodies together with charisma and energy is winning combination. The place did get nicely crowded when SF started and it was good to see this kind of music does pull crowd over here in the land of all things guitar and metal. Only thing I missed was the Editor's cover Papillon, but that's only a small thing. And that is if I gotta find something negative of the evening. Otherwise setlist was to my liking. Perhaps too since it was first time I saw them live. But still, oh what a night!

I am experiencing a writer's block while writing this, so I'm gonna cut this short and prepare for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment