Friday 3 June 2016

Brutal Jesters Interview

Hi all

Like I said before, this blog is dedicated to two kinds of music. The similarity is that dark atmosphere and with some of the genres melodies. Last update was of synth-pop album review, so this time it is no-holds-barred interview with huge artist! I am superpround to present you:

Brutal Jesters Interview!!!!


1. What sort of music did you grow up with?
Ohmboy: French hip hop, Nirvana, Thunderdome Micropoint Manu le malin
Remzcore: I'm very eclectic in music but my first real crush in music goes to Rock/Metal. I’ve bought albums like: The Offspring, System of a Down, Korn, Marilyn Manson.

2. What lead you to electronic music?

Ohmboy: My love for industrial sounds and DJing on a technical level

Remzcore: Back in 2003, a good Friend gave me: "Thunderdome best of 96". This caused me a massive outbreak. My hero is 3 Steps Ahead.

3. You both have released solo material previously. How did Brutal Jesters happen?
Remzcore: We met in a party called “Leshouille act2”. Ohmboy was mixing before me and Ive got an instant brocrush when he stared scratching. Then when I started my show right after him he got curious about my very particular technique with my computer (initially he’s a vinyl DJ). He asked me if he could scratch during my set. The crowd went nuts and we got gigs together since then. After few gigs, in a party called Azylium we came up with the name: “Brutal Jesters”

4. What are the good points and bad points of collaborations?
Ohmboy: No bad point, it’s all about the discussion and make deals
Remzcore: With collaboration you can get results you could never achieve on your own.

5. Why Frenchcore of all genres?
Ohmboy: Maybe because we are french ?! No lol I think when we created BJ we listened a lot of Frenchcore
Remzcore: I think Frenchcore is the most party oriented style above all, as The Braindrillerz said : “No Frenchcore, No Party!”

6. What kind of equipment you use in the studio?
Ohmboy: Some simples things: a pc, monitors, midi controller and the most important Cubase for sure.
Remzcore: Really not much, the most important is a good computer and a DAW you are comfortable with.

7. How is the scene in France ?
Ohmboy: The scene is big but it's really hard to organize some party here, so there is really less party than there should be.
Remzcore: I think in France it’s totally different region by region. Near our home, partys are small but Lyon and south of France have a big potential.

8. How different is the crowd over there compared to other countries?
Remzcore: The French crowd is very good, they are passionate people, they know the tracks you play and they show it to you.
Ohmboy: All crowds are fucking great, you just need to understand them..

9. How do you approach a remix? What makes it a good one?
Remzcore: For example when we remixed Fa-lium for Dr.Peacock. We kept the main theme but we developed it in our own way. For example we added a sample speech from a guy who thinks he’s was going to hell when he used valium pills.
It’s all about finding a balance between respecting the original and making something new.
To answer on what makes a good remix, well you should keep in mind that in music all the rules can be bended. So there is no particular way to succeed on a remix, just let the magic happen.


10. What can we expect from you in the future?
Ohmboy: I’m preparing a solo album
Remzcore: We currently work with artists from different horizons. We want to evolve our sound. And we are very proud because we have an official remix coming for The Speed Freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment