Friday 25 March 2016

Party report: Clublife prsents Frontliner and Neophyte

Hi everybody and happy Easter!

Hope you have kicked the holidays off with a good old bang and will enjoy them to the max with good company. First of all, I gotta thank you all, who read my ramblings. THANK YOU! It is always amazing to hear people tell me that they do read this humble blog. It all started just out of love for the music and a need of a hobby really. I wanted to have a place where I could be enthustiastic of music without making my friends being bored to death. Therefore blog was ideal solution :) It is really humbling and satisfying to hear that you do read this and have artistd/djs thank me (WTF!!?! I should be the one thanking you!!) for interview. I just wanted to say thank you very much for all of you!

Last night was another Clublife party and another banger. The stage was something to look at, that I haven't gotten used to our parties. This is one thing that has changed over the years to better: people do put effort on the stage. And another special thing was the dj competition. Congrats to the winner and for you all: keep spinning those wheels of steel! Never give up. Who knows, maybe I should do mixtape reviews sometimes, what do you guys think? New talent deserves all the boost it can get. Sorry, got sidetracked a bit, so back to business.

This was another adventure into the sound. I don't recall hearing bad tunes on the night at all, all I do remember is the rising volume level during Neophyte's set. I did manage to miss some sets sadly, but what I did manage to hear, everybody knew their craft :) I thought it would be full house, but this time it wasn't. What the night lacked in numbers of attendees, the crowd's enthusiasm and love for hard beats made up for it. The crowd really was into the music and there for the right reason. All I saw were happy, smiling faces and felt the good ol'  unity, that music can create. We all gather there for the same reason: Music. And that creates a special bond.

Frontliner rocked and played bit harder set than usual. He really knows how to take the crowd and has an ear for melodies. It was really good to hear him play again and this time, as said, bit different set from his last visit at Hardstyle Festival. Still kicking big time and good set on a right time of the night. As for local talent, what can I say? The ones I did manage to catch, blew the roof! Amazing to see so much talented djs and producers rise from our small country. This got me thinking that it'd be good change to have a night with only local talent. Here I go again...

As for the legend, Neophyte, I had no idea what to expect, and I think that is the best way to approach dj sets. He played quite hard mix of oldschool and current tunes and this went down so so well, eventhough part of the crowd left after mr. Melodyman. Mc Alee also knew how to get the crowd going and for Neophyte's selection, it was spot-on. Maybe sometimes bit hard for me, but still good, educational set of old and new. It is good to hear someone bang out oldschool stuff, so younger generation has a chance to experience those tracks in the right environment.

Last hour was  another mad 3-way battle of beats and they kept the beats hard and fast! When the clock hit the last hour, all I could do was sit, due pain in lower back and lack of energy thanks to previous shift at work and another not-too-well slept night. If there are typos, I apologize, I only slept 3 hours before writing this report. Maybe I should catch comple of more zzzzs

Have a merry easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment